Thursday, July 1, 2010

Design blog thy name is inspiration...

So as I mentioned before I'm not too pleased with the decor in my house. It isn't horrible its just very vanilla and not very Allison. And I have desperately been searching for inspiration on what to do to remedy this problem. And boy did I find it!

My lovey SIL Julie (Have I mentioned I have the most outstanding in-laws one could ever ask for?) was apparently on the same quest to redecorate her living room when she came across this blog...



She is a DIY genius! The longer you spend on her blog the more you start to believe "Hey, maybe I can do this!" What sold me to really give it a try was that she just so happens to have a DIY tutorial on there on how to make something that I have been wanting for a VERY long time. Instead of telling, I'll show...

Oh you'll see...



(all images property of Three Men and a Lady)

Thats right! An upholstered headboard! I have always wanted one but alas they were so out of my design budget they instantly became and afterthought. Until now. Isn't it gorgeous! I'm going to do it. I'm determined. First step, procure a sewing machine (not needed for this but I want one still the same)

Here is her entire tutorial.

And so I thank you Three Men and a Lady blog, for the much needed inspiration you provide. This is not the first nor will it be the last that someone will blog about the genius of your DIY.



No comments:

Post a Comment