Friday, July 9, 2010

bows and diagrams

Two very random ideas.

Number 1:
I am, and have been for quite some time now, crazy about anything with bows on it. I love, for lack of a better phrase, the "little girl" look that is popular right now. Short brightly colored nails, large hair accessories, and especially all of the childish prints on adult clothing including, bows. I love the sense of whimsy and fun that they bring to an outfit. How a simple white t-shirt can suddenly be dressed up with the addition of a large bow. That being said, I saw this print of Mrs. Becks and had two thoughts.


1) I LOVE that dress.
2) I want to knit that print into a sweater.
(btw this is apparently a shot of her after getting off a long flight. Who looks like that after a flight? Ugh, only in my dreams.)


Number 2:
I am also crazy for vintage diagram prints right now. I love the vintage geekiness of them. Their timeless look as well as the feeling that your getting an education when you gaze at them makes them very covetable. Alas, I can't really find what I'm look for. I have looked on Etsy but with much dismay I have only come up with a lot of Anatomical prints, not appropriate for the kitchen but still cute, or Animal meat prints. Morbid, enough said.

I'm looking for some old prints similar to this

But more technical looking. Like a vintage canister vacuum diagram or a cooktop stove diagram.

So till then I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment