Saturday, January 28, 2012

First week = fail

Hey all. To get it out of the way, I had a not so pleasant first week of school. This was mainly due to the fact that I had an eight hour class on Monday that I wasn't aware I was supposed to be in until about an hour before it was over. All is resolved now but boy did it leave me stress out for a while there. So instead here are three things that made me happy this week. 

Firstly I started a couple of furniture redo projects for my bedroom. School has since gotten in the way so they are patiently waiting for their final sanding and last coat of paint. But I can't wait to show you when they are done!


While I was out in the back yard I found a very special little treasure! 
 I had noticed a little visitor coming around just about every day and so I went over to see what was so special. It was A humingbird nest in my palm tree! I didn't grow up around these little guys so this was a real treat for me. I couldn't get over how tiny it was. I was so excited about it that we went out and bought a feeder for him to put in the back yard that day. 





 (excuse my painty hand I was workin!)

*update: a freak windstorm came that night and blew my little nest over. I haven't seen my friend since. Tragic, I know. 

And lastly, I finally broke down and tried the Sally Hanson Salon Effects Polish Strips. I've been curious about them since I saw them but I just kept thinking for $7 I can buy a whole bottle of polish! But they cam out with some new designs and I fell in love with the Mod About You style so I caved. 


 Pros: They are very cute. Very different from the normal allover color you normally see. I can't stop looking at their cute design. They were mind numbingly easy to put on. 

Cons: There is no way in Hades they will last 7 days. At least not on me. I have mosterous cuticles which I did try to clip down as much as possible before I applied them but I can see little curls all around the edges so I know is only a matter of time before one of them rips off. 

My verdict? I like them a lot but I won't be repurchasing.

Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment