Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Last year, John and I were really excited to hand out candy for the first time from our own place. So we went out and bought a whole bunch of all the good stuff. You know, so we could be the "cool" neighbors. And guess how many trick-or-treaters we had? 

ZERO

Not a single one. I know. We couldn't believe it either. 

So naturally this year we were skeptical. I mean we DO live in a new neighborhood where half the houses aren't even built yet. But our house has auto light sensing porch lights that we can't turn off so I picked up a couple of bags anyway. You know. Just in case. And guess what? 


Hunh. Guess we'll have to rethink our strategy next year. 

ps. I can still hear kids coming up to the door and complaining when they see the sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment