Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's triptych

I FINALLY finished my art project and now have some art up on my large, previously empty, media wall. (insert applause here) And I am really happy with the result. The hubs likes it too, he can’t stop saying how impressed he is with how good it looks.

That being said, I now find myself wishing I had something else there. Specifically, I wish I had this:

This octopus triptych is from Natural Curiosities. It represents everything "curious" about what they do as a company. They have introduced a number of octopus images over the last few years, and Lord Bodner's triptych is the newest addition to their continued fascination of the octopus. The detail of the image is the finest that they have found. The original is a copperplate engraving by Lord Bodner and was published in 1826 in London as part of a series studying creatures of the deep.

When I came upon this gem this morning my jaw literally dropped. This piece could not be more perfect for our room and that wall.

However, at $5000 (without framing) it will never happen. Ever.

But one can dream right?

And while we are ogling this beautiful space. Check out the bedroom. Its gorgeous!



Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment