Thursday, June 17, 2010

PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise

I love being a newlywed in my own home! My personal décor style is basically modern-vintage. But right now the decor is...meh. It's a little sparse (hey its our first house!) and a little too pottery-barn-generic for me. I want to add some personality and homey touches. Turquoise is a major contender in the color scheme and keeps the continuity throughout the living room, dining room and kitchen. They all flow together and are the first thing you see when you come in the door.

My dining room needs the most help. Up until a week ago it had nothing in it. Now it has an Ikea Ribba Ledge and an old dining room table my SIL gave with two chairs. It was used for crafts so it is in need of some serious TLC. Rather just painting the whole thing black and finding two matching chairs I was thinking of doing something more like these sets:




This last one is my favorite. My table is the same farmhouse style and I love the look of the mismatched but same color chairs.

I’d like to change the pictures that I have up on the ledge too. Right now they are mostly generic b&w prints. But I think something like this is really cute:


I’m gunna get the supplies to start on the table this weekend. Keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment