Thursday, March 15, 2012

Merry March!

Ok so, I'm over apologizing for not posting more regularly. I'm busy. Everyone knows it. Lets move on to the update shall we? 

What have I been up to, other than studying, since we last talked. Lots actually! I think I shall move from furthest to most recent. Actually, strike that. We'll discuss in whatever order I remember. Ok? Oh and just so you know this is going to mostly consist of house updates because lets face it, that's pretty much the only other thing I have going on in my life right now :)

This is probably gonna be long so if you need a snack or something grab it now.

Well, in case you didn't already know, we painted our ENTIRE downstairs, the most beautiful shade of light warm blue with just a hint of mint. For the first few days after we painted, every single time we walked in the room one of us would say, "I can't believe how good it looks!" Its that good. (ignore the ugly black and white thing. Its on its way out the door)


We painted our MB. A soothing dark concrete gray. Johnnypoo was unsure of this color at first but since he loves me so much he let me go for it. Once it was done he was just as in love with it as I am. When you live in a place like Arizona that nothing but hot and brown everywhere you look a cool gray bedroom is just the ticket. And the curtains that I (finally) made look fabulous in there.


Another addition to the bedroom is a gorgeous antique dresser that was gifted to us by a dear friend-relative. (don't ask its complicated) She needed quite a bit of love though but I knew she would be B-E-A-UTIFUL when I was done with her. So I stripped her down and dressed her up in a pretty clean shade of high gloss warm white. I wanted to strip the handles but I got impatient so I painted them with one of my favorite's Rustoleum's Brass.


I have joined the masses and "hacked" two Ikea Rast's for our nightstands. I love their simple lines and perfect height. Plus its some nice added storage which you can never have too much of. They both got several coats of the same white I used on the dresser and some fancy brass Martha knobs to dress them up a bit. The knobs set us back almost as much as the nightstands but they really added the finishing touch we were looking for so we took the plunge. (I'll try to take a better picture another time.)


Did you know they are building a temple right down the street from our house. Cool huh!  


WE FINALLY BOUGHT NEW COUCHES!!!!!!!!
I mean really. If you have spoken with me in the last year and a half at all there is a good chance that at some point I have brought up the loathe I felt over the couches we had. So you must know this is by far the most exciting thing to happen in our house this year. We ended up getting something that was not even close to what I was originally looking for. I had set out to find a set of gray velvet couch and love-seat but what we ended up with were these! And I LOVE THEM!!!!

After quite a little roller-coaster I ended up scoring an awesome antique dining room table. I'll get into the whole story another day but just know it was emotional. The table is just perfect. Or will be when I get done with it. Originally I had set out to find a rectangle farmhouse table but after a little thought decided a round would look much better in the little spot we have. This one is great cause its an extension and came with not one but two leaves so this puppy gets big! But you know the best part? At the bottom of the pedestal it has brass claw feet. Did you read that? BRASS. CLAW. FEET. The second I saw those little jewels on the bottom of that table I knew it had to be mine. We don't have chairs yet but I didn't really want matching chairs anyway so I look forward to the adventure of finding some I like.

 I got this great basket from Goodwill to put our throws in. Jax decided he liked it for himself better. 

 Sweet boy. So tired from  playing outside all day

 Sundae approves of the new couches. 

 I made ribs for the first time. They were good but we both decided Famous Dave's is better. Guess I'll have to try again. ;)

I scored a great antique little girls book case off Craigslist that I plan to use as a hutch. I have a wee niche-corner-thingy that can't fit a "normal" sized hutch but desperately needed something so I had to get a little creative. My fingers are literally covered in paint as I type cause I just got done putting on the second coat but it is lookin good!
(before) 

Did you know that you can take old paint off your hardware by soaking it overnight in a crockpot? So easy right? 
Look how great these turned out! 

I made a great friend at school whom I have become instantly close with due to the abnormally huge amount of things we have in common. Her fiance is in construction and guess what he did for us? Installed a cat door!!!! Yay! No more staying up until 430am to let Jax inside! The cats are kind of unsure of it and still paw at the door for about 11 minutes before decided the door wont decapitate them if they go through but they are using it and we are all happier!

Lastly an IDIOT named Smoody (yes that's his real name) hit my car. I'm fine. I walked away unscathed since I'm virtually invincible but our cheapo little commuter turned out to be worth the same amount as the repairs so they totaled it. So now instead of the surprise vacation that my husband was planning to take me on during my spring break this week we get to stay home and go car shopping instead. YAY! Right? right? No not really. Don't ask where the trip was to. I don't know. Hubs wont tell me cause he says he wants to try again soon but I'm heartbroken cause I love me a good surprise and would have just loved this. Plus I  really really needed a getaway. But I'm trying to do that whole glass is half full thing so I am grateful I wasn't injured and I'm grateful that we have the money to buy another car. And we've already re booked the getaway so I'll tell you about it when we go.

Ok Love ya guys. I'll post pics of the hutch and the table when I get finished with them!




ps. My cell phone was also broken in the accident which sadly, contained a lot of my before pictures so you'll have to use your imagination on some things.





No comments:

Post a Comment